If you know me, this is probably not the first time, maybe the second time, or even the third time ... I am talking about this film. A Norwegian film I watched at 2006 TIFF, and I love it since, yes, still do.
"I wanted to do a love scene that was complicated and was saying something about a relationship. Mostly in movies when people have sex it’s just a fulfilment of love and then they cut away, but I wanted to show a break down of a relationship in that bedroom, a really sad and complicated scene and with two inexperienced actors we worked a lot on that….I definitely want people to be allowed to feel different things, that’s a big thing for me, not to just go out and say well I felt that same kind of happiness or sadness that they felt from other movies. You almost wish when you make a film that people will have a contradictory emotional experience. I’m interested in the ambivalence that people will feel that AAH what a character did was right but was also wrong!"
-Joachim Trier
-Joachim Trier

No comments :
Post a Comment